We have a provincial election coming up in Ontario and I am worried that some politicians do not know enough basic facts about Ontario.
If you want to be part of the government, I think you should know some Basic Information about Ontario.
Accordingly, I hope any politician I meet can answer some of these basic questions about Ontario. (I’ve printed out this map and have it ready by the door in case anybody comes by.)
- Please indicate our current location on the map below.
- What city is marked by the red dot?
- What’s the blue island?
- Identify Ontario’s largest provincial park, shown in green here.
- Approximately where is North Bay?
- Explain the difference between a University and a Community College.
- Who is the Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario?
- Who is the premier of our neighbour to the west, Manitoba?
- Which of the three flags below is the flag of Ontario? What are the other two?
- If you were driving from Toronto to Niagara Falls, what cities would you pass through or by?
- What is the Chi-Cheemaun?
For bonus points, recite any verse of “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald”, or “Ontari-ari-ari-o”.